Manual QA Engineer
A Boston Fintech company is looking for a talented, experienced software QA engineer with solid functional skills and a passion for testing software for Client Server applications. The person will be coordinating with development, writing test cases, executing tests, working with a remote QA team, helping support our QA environment, and of course actually doing various levels of testing the products.
- Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick resolution of Customer reported issues.
- Write, review and implement test plans and test cases(Manual)
- Take ownership of product modules, QA effort estimation and perform the required testing for all software modification
- Work with Operations team to resolve production issues as needed.
- Document all Test artifacts including Test Cases, Test Plans in the Test Case Management System
- Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices
- 5+ years' experience in Software QA, working preferably on Forex trading apps, Experience with large, complex business applications (distributed systems) a plus
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience acceptable.
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle especially in Agile
- Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML.
- Experience with and understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL) is a must.
- Experience with FIX or SWIFT would be a definite plus.
- Experience testing order management systems is a plus
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems, Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
- Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes such as maintaining QA environment would be a plus.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player
If you're interested in being considered upload a copy of your resume for the attention of Jeff Fallon at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.