Senior Voice & Messaging Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location New York
- Sectors Banking and Finance
You'll be expected to take ownership for the U.S. voice and unified communications initiatives by coordinating with various voice vendors and contributing to the long-term architectural strategy of the firm's global voice projects. In particular, this role will focus around engineering of Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business and BT turret dealer-board environment.
Responsibilities will include:
* Lead voice and messaging projects for the U.S. region. Coordinate with global counterparts to ensure a standardized and innovative long-term strategy.
* Manage Unified Communications for the following technologies: Skype for Business, Verba recording, Actiance Vantage and Sonus gateways.
* Manage the BT Turrets platform, voicemail, and voice recording services.
* Act as the highest level of escalation for complex voice issues related to the Skype estate and BT Turret environment.
* Operate as part of a global team responsible for supporting, maintain and growing the global Unified Communications and BT Turret estates.
* Work with Exchange & Active Directory engineers across the group to maintain the mobile telephony environment.
* Monitor the performance of all voice and messaging components.
* Implement turret direct-dial leased line services for trading by coordinating with external services including, but not limited to IPC, BT Radianz and TNS.
Skills Requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information technology or relevant field (or relevant combination of education and work experience).
* 5+ years of professional experience with the following:
* Lync/Skype for Busines
* Microsoft Exchange
* Experience with the implementation, migration and support of Office365.
* Strong experience with voice MPLS networks.
* Experience supporting and engineering global voice and messaging solutions.
* Strong troubleshooting skills for Lync/Skype for Business.
* Powershell or related scripting experience is a plus!
* Impeccable communication skills and a proactive attitude towards improving the environment around you.
If you're interested, please apply now!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.