- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Boston
- Sectors Banking and Finance
We are seeking a software engineer to work closely in the Research and Portfolio Management Systems Group on a variety of projects focused on different aspects of Research and Portfolio Management. You will be part of team responsible for developing
* Quantitative research analysis software
* Portfolio Analytics and/or Implementation solutions
Primary technology environment with Microsoft .Net stack including .Net Core.
You will be part of a team that builds calculation intensive, professional grade research, and portfolio management or implementation software. You will work closely with Sr. Developers and Product owners to support above mentioned functions.
1 Design and develop complex software applications supporting internal business requirements using Microsoft .NET technology stack.
2 Support existing applications, develop and deploy fixes.
3 Develop complex database objects (like stored procedures, functions, trigger) and optimize existing objects using T-SQL and CLR function for SqlServer
4 Create new system components, enhance existing components
5 Standardizes the quality assurance procedures, oversees testing and develops fixes
6 Review and coach the work of others in the team
7 Use Agile software development principles throughout the all phase of the software development process
8 Provide technical assistance and coaching to junior level developers to ensure that they follow the appropriate technical/process standards
9 Bring knowledge of advanced technologies like AI/Big Data to the team and help foster culture where these technologies are considered when designing new solutions
10 Create innovative solutions to problems that are cost effective and enterprise standard
11 Help in prototyping newer technologies for existing use cases so that we can create better solutions to existing problems
* Four-year college degree required
* Advanced degree in computers, math or science preferred
* Advanced understanding and experience in
* Application of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* Automated code testing required - Automation Testing (Specflow, unit testing using Nunit)
* .NET stack, c#, .net core, SQL Server, Release Management, TFS, GIT
* Database development for Microsoft SQL Server preferred
* Developing in managed code C#
* Minor Experience in
* Big Data and Cloud experience (familiarity with at least one Big data technology Hadoop and Spark preferred)
* Cloud, Knowledge of Micro Services Architecture/Dockers/Containers
* Artificial Intelligence (specifically machine learning or deep learning)
* Excellent attitude and aptitude to accomplish the project goals
* Must be result-oriented; takes commitments, and deadlines seriously
* Willing to work diligently and deliver solutions on schedule and within given budget parameters
* Self-starter, able to work as part of a team as well as independently, with minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
* Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple tasks
* Mathematics or other analytical background strongly preferred.
If you're interested in being considered upload a copy of your resume for the attention of Jeff Fallon at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.