Software Engineer .NET
We are seeking a software engineer to work closely in the Research and Portfolio Management Systems Group on a variety of projects focused on different aspects of Research and Portfolio Management. You will be part of team responsible for developing
- Quantitative research analysis software
- Portfolio Analytics and/or Implementation solutions
Primary technology environment with Microsoft .Net stack including .Net Core.
You will be part of a team that builds calculation intensive, professional grade research, and portfolio management or implementation software. You will work closely with Sr. Developers and Product owners to support above mentioned functions.
- Design and develop complex software applications supporting internal business requirements using Microsoft .NET technology stack.
- Support existing applications, develop and deploy fixes.
- Develop complex database objects (like stored procedures, functions, trigger) and optimize existing objects using T-SQL and CLR function for SqlServer
- Create new system components, enhance existing components
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedures, oversees testing and develops fixes
- Review and coach the work of others in the team
- Use Agile software development principles throughout the all phase of the software development process
- Provide technical assistance and coaching to junior level developers to ensure that they follow the appropriate technical/process standards
- Bring knowledge of advanced technologies like AI/Big Data to the team and help foster culture where these technologies are considered when designing new solutions
- Create innovative solutions to problems that are cost effective and enterprise standard
- Help in prototyping newer technologies for existing use cases so that we can create better solutions to existing problems
- Four-year college degree required
- Advanced degree in computers, math or science preferred
- Advanced understanding and experience in
- Application of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Automated code testing required - Automation Testing (Specflow, unit testing using Nunit)
- .NET stack, c#, .net core, SQL Server, Release Management, TFS, GIT
- Database development for Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Developing in managed code C#
- Minor Experience in
- Big Data and Cloud experience (familiarity with at least one Big data technology Hadoop and Spark preferred)
- Cloud, Knowledge of Micro Services Architecture/Dockers/Containers
- Artificial Intelligence (specifically machine learning or deep learning)
- Excellent attitude and aptitude to accomplish the project goals
- Must be result-oriented; takes commitments, and deadlines seriously
- Willing to work diligently and deliver solutions on schedule and within given budget parameters
- Self-starter, able to work as part of a team as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Mathematics or other analytical background strongly preferred.
If you're interested in being considered upload a copy of your resume for the attention of Jeff Fallon at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.