- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Boston, Massachusetts
- Sectors Fintech, Banking IT, Development
As a Software Developer, the candidate will be responsible for producing requirements and technical designs, and implementing technology solutions using high quality development practices. This role will have an emphasis on our US user base, and as such the candidate will be influential in shaping and growing the capabilities of the team to support the strong growth in this region.
Requirements: Essential Technology and Business Skills:
- Degree with a significant computing portion
- Demonstrable relevant commercial experience in the financial industry
- A strong understanding of financial markets
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with operational teams, fund managers and traders, as well as senior management
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Expert knowledge of C# (to 7.2) and .Net (to .Net Core 2.0)
- Capable of writing advanced SQL queries; experienced in schema design and performance tuning in MS SQL Server/Oracle (or other RDBMS)
- Experience with automated testing tools such as xUnit, MS Test, NUnit, Moq, NSubstitute, FakeItEasy
- Experience of IoC containers such as Unity, Autofac, Ninject
- A proponent of collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns.
- Strong delivery focused approach
- Experience of BDD tools, e.g. Specflow
- Experience of HTML 5.0 web technologies such as ReactJS, AngularJS, Django, Node.js
- Experience of WPF user interface development, ideally using MVVM
- An expert level understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience working with the Charles River platform
- Experience of developing solutions for P&L and trade processing
- Experience of PL/SQL, stored procedures, performance tuning in Oracle
- Experience using Beauchamp FundManager API
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.