Software Developer - Financial Trading
- Type Permanent
- Salary £40000 - £52000 per annum + bonus opp
- Location Laren, North Holland
- Sectors Global Markets, Developer
Unique chance for an enthusiastic, relatively junior Developer to be part of an IT team in a growing financial trading company.
In this role as a Software Developer, your accomplishments can have a direct impact on the performance of the company. This is a position with a high level of responsibility and an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with the latest tools as a part of a small, successful and focused team. You will work on projects, next to becoming responsible for the news gathering (Market Data Feed) part of the IT environment.
Scope of work for this Software Developer:
- Write feed handlers for real-time data feeds (market data, reference data)
- Work with and extend the common code base (which exists of mostly recently developed node.js)
- Assist in the development of the general IT infrastructure (shared responsibility for IT)
- Seek and promote opportunities for improvements of code, tools and trading.
The qualities that we look for in you:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to take on responsibility.
- You are passionate about technology and like to keep up with new developments
- Have a keen interest in investing and financial markets
- Can work in a team and independently.
- Capable and willing to help out with the overall IT environment when it is required.
- You are a nice person to work with. Social, collaborative and communicative.
The skills / experience we are looking for:
- 1 - 4 years OO Software Development Development
- An IT education (Bachelor or Master) with decent grades
- Some knowledge of streaming news-services / data-feeds would be an advantage but this is something you can learn
You will get:
- A small team and a company that you can really feel part of
- A certain level of autonomy in your role. They want to hear your ideas!
- The opportunity to develop software in a prototyping, rapid deployment way with very little bureaucracy
- A team that are focused on results, not on procedures
- Value honesty, knowledge and a professional attitude
- The chance to join an exciting ride with your entrepreneurial colleagues
You will be offered:
- A competitive salary
- Education / professional development opportunities
- Company and personal performance driven bonus. Good performance is very well rewarded.
- A great team of colleagues
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.