Solution Architect (Java, Scala), Investment Banking, Executive Director
A hands on Solution Architect (Java, Scala) is required by a Top Tier Investment Bank based in central London. You would have a very broad remit within the role, which would see you providing technical leadership and direction to circa 20 Engineers as well as contributing to high level design and architecture. Your role would also be to shape the overall engineering practices within the business unit, covering utilisation of Java 8 features, DevOps, Testing and Agile strategies.
You would be aligned to Finance Technology within the role which covers PnL, Distributed Ledger & Forecasting solutions across the Securities business. As well as mentoring, guiding and developing your Engineers you would be responsible for stakeholder management across key directors covering Sales & Trading, Quants, Operations and Finance staff, ensuring that cutting edge solutions are delivered based on rapidly changing business requirements.
Key skills required for this Solution Architecture role
- Enterprise level Solution Architecture experience gained within a financial firm, with a focus on robustness and scalability
- Deep Java knowledge, with an understanding of DevOps and Testing practices - Scala would be a bonus bus not essential as this role is platform agnostic to an extent
- Experience in project management across multiple work streams
- Stakeholder management
Key details for this Solution Architecture role
- Location: central London
- Corporate level: Executive Director
- Salary: in line with Executive Director, very competitive
- Bens: excellent pension, bonus and flexible working
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands on Solution Architect (Java, Scala) to take ownership over a highly complex suite of business critical applications that are about to undergo a very interesting period of re-engineering. This role has high visibility, reporting into Managing Directors in London, offering great opportunities to be seen to be making a positive difference in the role.
Hit apply now if you are interested in this Solution Architect role.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.