My incredibly exciting Space partner in Scotland is looking for a Spacecraft operations engineer. This will be an initial 3 month contract with a high chance of extension.
You will be working on ground-breaking technology within the thriving Space sector. Below is the Spec, please let me know if you, or anybody you might know is interested.
- Supporting several missions in the preparation and implementation of the relevant ground segment.
- Supporting the operational analyses of the mission.
- Support to the porting, development, integration and validation of the ground systems and facilities required for including all elements of the mission data systems.
- Provide operations support to the Spacecraft Operations Manager at systems & spacecraft level for mission management and mission planning
- Prepare and validate nominal and contingency procedures for flight and for spacecraft testing on ground
- Support the ground segment integration tests, training and simulations
- Participate in all flight operations following the wake-up
- Support in-flight operations, including nominal, critical, contingency and on-call support
- Support off-line evaluation of the spacecraft in-flight performance
- Support maintenance of on-board software for the assigned areas
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience running full missions (kick off to launch and onwards)
- Understanding ECSS Standards
- Understanding of interplanetary mission operations
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics architecture (data handling and AOCS)
- Understanding of Flight Control Team tasks and responsibilities pre- and post-launch
- Understanding of ground systems and facilities required to support spacecraft operations including the area of mission planning
- Ability to work independently as well as good communication skills
If you are interested please apply with an updated CV.
Look forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales