Strategic Supply Chain Manager Derby Up to £50k
- Are you a Strategic Supply Chain Manager / Procurement Manager
- Do you want to work for one of the UK's Leading Names in Machine Tool Engineering and Innovation?
- Do you have a strong Supply Chain Management / Procurement Management background in Machining, Assembly, Manufacture etc?
If so, then please see below...
Huxley Engineering and a major name in Machine Tool Engineering and Innovation are looking to recruit a Strategic Supply Chain Manager to drive on-time delivery, quality and a continuous reduction in cost across the business, as well as being responsible for the management and development of the purchasing team.
Based in the Derby area and reporting into General Manager, the permanent Strategic Supply Chain Manager position will see the successful candidate responsible for:
- The management and development of the purchasing team
- The strategy of the Supply Chain (on-time delivery, quality and a continuous reduction in cost).
- Establishing improved prices & processes to allow for effective procurement and management of materials in order to support customer demand and business strategy.
Key Responsibilities for Strategic Supply Chain Manager Role:
- Maintain, advise and sanction all component supplies to ensure the smooth supply of components / raw materials to the production process whilst maintaining minimal inventory levels
- Conduct an ABC inventory analysis make recommendations for inventory control and improvements, working progress and stock reductions and supplier held stock where applicable.
- Continually improve the supply chain robustness in efficiently and cost effectively servicing production's material requirements, including the root cause investigation and resolution of both internal and external supply chain issues affecting production. Expedite material supply where / when required to ensure maintenance of production
- Implement a supplier development program/replacement program, targeted at improving the supplier's capacity, quality and cost.
- Identify, lead and action supplier cost down activities targeted at continually reducing the overall cost of supplied components, materials and / or services (including negotiating 'best terms' quotations from suppliers)
- Provide regular reports at frequent, pre-determined intervals detailing the Purchasing performance KPI's for that facility
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required for Strategic Supply Chain Manager role:
- A minimum HNC qualification in Business Studies or Mechanical Engineering and/or Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Experience in working within a specialist, non-standard manufacturing environment.
- Relevant experienced of setting up and managing a company's purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the requirements of ISO9001 / OHSAS18001.
- Experience with a wide range of purchased / manufactured products and special processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Proficient in the use of MRP systems.
This Strategic Supply Chain Manager role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton-Upon-Trent, Stoke, Uttoxeter, Stafford, Stone, Tamworth, Loughborough, Leicester, Mansfield, Matlock, Chesterfield and Lichfield.
For the successful Strategic Supply Chain Manager, a salary reflective of experience is on offer (up to £50,000).
To be considered for this Strategic Supply Chain Manager, please apply via the link below
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales