A new exciting permanent position as Systems Engineer has become available with a leading financial house based in central London.
As the Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will be to support all technologies within the systems team, therefore you will have the freedom of working within this fast paced environment. You will be playing a major role in projects in monitoring the systems environment that have a direct impact on the performance of the firm, this will include Storage, Linux, Windows and VMWare technologies.
The Systems Engineer will also have major roles and responsibilities which include security, configuration, capacity monitoring and development of specialised system procedures. These roles require knowledge and experience working within Linux and Windows platforms as well as automation and VMWare. Within these projects you will be liaising with many stakeholders within the firm, from end users to other business teams within both the London and New York offices, therefore good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Expert VMware Knowledge
- Experience using Unix/Linux platforms is essential
- Working experience of scripting (Bash, Python)
- Excellent knowledge of storage systems (Pure SAN)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Working understanding of OS networking - firewalling, Routing tables, gateways, tcp/udp,
- Experience in a multi-site environment with a user base of 300+
If this feels like an opportunity you would be interested in, please do not hesitate to apply.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales