We have a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join a world-leader in the design and manufacture of high-tech solutions for the space industry, based out of their UK headquarters in Oxfordshire.
Working closely with all of biggest companies in the space sector such as NASA, ESA, Airbus, Thales and Lockheed Martin their products are used in everything from satellites, space rovers, life-support, spacewalk equipment and launch vehicles.
These are extremely high-value, high-profile space missions where failure is not an option. To ensure they are creating technology which will be hard-wearing and long-lasting they have a robust product development lifecycle. The successful Mechanical Engineer would be responsible for all of the technical aspects of allocated projects, particularly the mechanical, thermal and electrical analysis.
This Mechanical Engineer position would give you responsibility:
- To work closely with all team members to ensure that project is designed, manufactured and tested in an efficient manner whilst still maintaining flight requirements
- Delivering in all technical aspect of the project including documentations and reports
- Always focused on the balance of technical and programmatic delivery
- Direct communication with leading international Space industry customers in all technical aspects
- Holding a key supporting role throughout the hardware manufacturing and test campaign phases
To apply for this Mechanical Engineer role you must have:
- Degree-level or above qualification in mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience in the use of NASTRAN software
- Any experience within the Space industry would be highly desirable
This position would provide a great benefits package including 25 days holiday, company matched pension, life cover and the chance to join the space industry in a company involved in some of the most exciting missions in orbit. The salary on offer is dependent upon length and relevance of experience up to £40,000
The successful candidate will be brought on board ASAP, so if you are interested in this opportunity then please apply immediately.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.