Technical Lead - Java & Hadoop
One of the most technologically innovative proprietary trading firms in the world is looking to hire a technical lead for their Chicago team. This firm is more relatable to a "technology firm who trade" who possess cutting edge technology and employ some of the sharpest technical minds the industry has to offer.
This role will involve pioneering a team focused on highly secretive high performance computing projects that will impact all different teams across the business. The technical lead will also have full autonomy and responsibility for the Hadoop Cluster (about 40 nodes right now and growing) leading the development of its functionality to add value across the firm. There is already a Hadoop Admin in place and thus this role is all about hands on leasdership!
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong experience programming in Java on a multi-threaded system (modern versions of Java are ideal Java8+).
- Strong understanding of writing and debugging a mapper and reducer - Ideally in Java.
- In addition to the above, a strong understanding of Hadoop technologies is essential for the role.
What's In It for You?
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Modern office with casual dress code and fully catered meals.
- Flexible vacation policy including unlimited PTO
- Excellent other company benefits including an outstanding quarterly bonus program.
To learn more, please get in touch with Lee Abrahams to discuss further
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.