- Type Permanent
- Salary €65000 - €80000 per annum + pension, lunch, travelcosts
- Location Hoofddorp, North Holland
- Sectors IT, Development, Functional IT, Security, Network and Cloud
We are looking for eager and intelligent test engineers in Hoofddorp who will be instrumental in creating an innovative new testing function. The purpose is to create a high performance culture, ensuring that best practice standards are in place. You will be part of a team whose goal it is, to create an online SME service that is so easy to use that it makes this client the preferred shipping supplier for senders and receivers. The key objectives of the e-commerce department you will be working for are:
- Growth of SME customers
- Accelerate revenues through e-commerce channels
- Increase channel share of digital sales
- Improve the online customer satisfaction
Working across a wide portfolio of web‐applications and native apps you will help create a collaborative working environment across operational and development teams to enable improved testing capabilities across the full development lifecycle. You will collaborate with Product Owners, Solution Architects and Business Analysts to determine the needs and conditions required from the solutions, in order to understand what testing is required, and help the Product Owner with defining (BDD) acceptance criteria for the user-stories. Working within a product team, you will define, create and action functional & integration tests to establish the effectiveness of the developed solution, feeding results back to the product team in a credible and organised manner.
- Improve and maintain a series of automation tools to duplicate actions and processes of user and system behavior, to make testing more efficient and repeatable.
- Proactively share testing knowledge with your product team when planning for future functionality, to support them in creating the most effective implementation.
- Create and maintain any documentation and processes required in establishing a thorough testing/quality process within the Product Team.
- Create/use test frameworks and write automated scripts
- Ownership of automated test suites including execution and reporting
- Contribute to the design and evolution of product
- Taking responsibility in planning the testing of applications
- Design, implement and review test scenarios
- Perform risk management to drive exploratory testing
- Peer review of detailed designs, code, documentation and test cases
- Building test environments
- Investigation and replication of issues - and empowered to make fixes
- Logging issues and defect tracking
- Continual contribution to improvements of the engineering process
The most important thing is that you are a people's person. The word 'teamplayer' is not just that, but it is who and what you are. You are sociable, communicative and you have no problem starting conversations with anyone about anything. You are full of ambition, passion for technology and testing, you are intelligent and you bring solid social skills. You are open-minded and a critical thinker, you embrace stress as fuel for solutions and you have the talent to translate complex information to dummy level input. You work methodical, analytical and precise and you prefer quality above quantity. You are willing to collaborate with team members from a wide variety of backgrounds and you are able to work collaboratively with the wider team, considering the impact of technology developments on the business.
The requirements and skills
- 3+ years of test automation experience in an E‐commerce environment (web applications and native mobile apps)
- solid experience in software / UAT / quality testing
- automation tool creation knowledge of, and solid experience with Agile practices and Scrum methodology
- experience of creating testing / quality processes and documentation Knowledge
- experience with TDD, BDD, Cucumber, Selenium, ALM
- work permit and intention to learn how to speak Dutch
How to apply
Are you a Test Developer who wants to join this testing chapter or do you know someone who could be interested? Please apply by using the link on this website or contact Nicolette Drijber at n.drijber at Huxley.com and call 020-522 13 22.
Sales Business Partner IT Development & Testing
n.drijber at huxley.com