|Location: Chicago||Salary: $80000 - $110000 per annum|
|Sector: Banking and Finance||Type: Permanent|
* Acts as the first point of support for application incidents
* Builds a strong relationship with the Application Development Team
* Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
* Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
* Highlights functionality issues to developers
* Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
* Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
* Raise defect reports to the development team for code amendment
* Maintains a knowledge base of known defects and issues, process, techniques
Client Relationship Management:
* Clearly understands client's business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit client's current and future needs
* Communicates status with end users at all times
* Contributes to continuous improvement
* Proactively supports knowledge sharing
* Is responsible for tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions:
* Report fixing/custom report generating
* Advanced user configuration options
* Support and use of advanced application functions at request of users
* Read access to application code
* Read access to Production environment
* Access to debug information in Production
* Break-glass access to edit application data
* No ability to change application code.
* Participation in rotation to ensure adequate coverage across all desks. Current hours of coverage provided by the team are from 07:00 until 19:00 Mon-Fri.
* Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests. There will be on-call support on Saturday every 5 weeks, and on-site support on Sundays once a month.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES WE LOOK FOR
* Knowledge FX markets and the mainstream products in use.
* Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
* Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems.
* Exposure to Market Data Technologies such as Tibco RV, Reuters, RMDS
* Confidence when dealing with internal user base (Sales & Trading)
* Client relationship/service management experience
* ITIL understanding
Personal Attributes Required
* Proactive, able to multi-task and work on own initiative
* The ability to work in a high pressure environment
* Strong time management skills
* Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
* Able to prioritize continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Problem solving skills both technical and business related.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Knowledge of FIX API configuration and / database queries / FIX log analysis
* Experience of dealing directly with hedge fund and/or institutional clients
* Knowledge of Multi-bank FX vendor platforms
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Investment Compliance Analyst
- Salary: competitive
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Type: Contract
- Customer Service - Fraud Analyst
- Salary: OTE
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Type: Permanent
- Client Service Analyst - OTC Derivatives
- Salary: US$75000 - US$85000 per annum + bonus potential
- Location: New York, USA
- Type: Permanent
- Python Engineer
- Salary: US$100000 - US$200000 per annum + competitive base + bonus and benefits
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Type: Permanent