A leading Investment Bank are looking for a Unified Communications Skype for Business engineer. The primary role is the lead engineer delivering the Actiance Vantage Compliance Archiving and Information Barrier component. The core of the UC service is Microsoft Skype for Business.
The job requires SME level technical knowledge in the Actiance Vantage product and good technical knowledge in Microsoft UC technology, with experience of designing, documenting, building and certifying solutions in a large global organisation. Good experience with developing tools and processes to integrate and augment the UC Compliance service is necessary.
This role is initially on a 6 month contract, is based in London City and pays £600-£650 daily.
The individual should be passionate about IT, be able to work effectively independently and as part of a wider distributed team.
- Good experience and strong understanding of Microsoft Lync / S4B UC technology, both server and end point, and including integration with Enterprise Voice & Media services.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Actiance Vantage for compliance archiving of IM & Group Chat and application of Information Barriers.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows components (e.g. Active Directory, Windows server, SQL Server)
- Programming, scripting, poweshell experience specifically for automating administrative tasks and delivering tools that augment the core service.- Good report-writing and documentation skills, good verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability with extensive hands-on IT support experience, both back-end and user-facing. Able to generate options and recommend solutions which are logical reasonable and realistic.
- Wider engineering experience with Lync / S4B, ie not limited to the Compliance space.
- Experience in software development practice, notably Java, .NET, and Perl development including the ongoing development and maintenance of frameworks for shared use.
- MSSQL database development experience.
- Experience within the financial services sector and/or a globally distributed organisation.
A high degree of self-sufficiency is expected and consequently a level of technical knowledge that enables that. Third-line support/consultancy is required in the event of escalations from IT support teams. Training of IT support staff is required when handing over new solutions for implementation.
If the above sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply. Alternatively you can get in touch via the details below.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales