Unix Security Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary Negotiable
- Location Manhattan, New York
- Sectors Banking and Finance, IT, Fintech, Banking IT, Cyber Security, Infrastructure & Networks, Development, Security, Network and Cloud
Opportunity for Security Engineer to work in a collaborative environment working to build a best in class program to partner with the business protecting the Firm from external and internal threats. The security team holds a complex and robust technical environment.
- SME in Unix security technologies, tools and methodologies including hands on experience.
- Provide vision and strategy to integrated security controls across Unix infrastructure both on-premise and in cloud.
- Provide architecture assurance on Cloud security initiatives and compliance of existing security standards interfacing with infrastructure and development teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the ISP roadmap.
- Monitor compliance with the organization's information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors and third parties.
- Maintain security infrastructure tools built on the Cloud platform, providing stability and policies and procedures.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Hands-on technical experience with configuration management and Unix systems (RedHat, CentOS)
- Knowledge of Unix deployment security, lifecycle, and operations practices.
- Development and scripting skills (Python, Perl, shell scripting, other)
- Knowledge of technologies such as Linux containers (Docker), frameworks (Mesos, Chronos, Marathon), RBAC frameworks (SELinux/AppArmor), and BigData (Hadoop) a plus.
- Familiarity with hardening standards related to Unix systems such as SANS, CIS, and others.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of technologies including: Unix, Networking, and Storage.
- Strong knowledge of NIS, LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos, SAML
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- At least one security certification (CISSP, GCIA, CISM, etc.).
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.