A leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide-range of financial services to a diversified client base is looking for an individual to be part of their Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO)'s Network Monitoring Engineering team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Jersey City, NJ. Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits dependent on experience level.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale Time-Series, logs and Event management applications processing in engineering products in ETO
- Engage in both server side as well as front-end development as may be required to achieve the most successful outcomes
- Keep up-to-date of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined
- Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale Time-Series, logs and Event management applications primarily in network monitoring space
- Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps
- Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle and participate in team-wide design and code review
- Experience and knowledge of IP Networking basics
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Core Java, Collections Framework, and Concurrent Programming
- Experience with spring framework, multi-threading, testing frameworks including Junit
- Experience with Spark, Elastic-Search, MongoDB, Hadoop Hive/Hbase.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
- Unix/Linux/Networking basics experience
- Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or Postgres or Oracle)
- Working knowledge of Maven, SVN, NPM, Gulp
- Programming in Perl, Python and shell script
- Experience in Network Management Systems (NMS) & Operational Support System (OSS)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.