Head of Data
As Head of Data you will be an authority within the organisation on all things data related, providing a strategy and a road-map to transform our clients data environment. You will provide though leadership, own the data strategy and have full mandate on data related decision making. You will be the first person hired in this newly formed team and will have the opportunity to shape the organisation wide data landscape, enabling our client to centralise and make better use of their data.
This is a technical leadership role but you will also be managing a team of Data Engineers, Scientits and Analysts.
This NY based organisation, specialised in fraud detection using AI technology is setting up their European hub here in Amsterdam.
As Head of Data must have:
- A demonstrated ability to create and implement data strategy within a complex environment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Data Engineering with DWH technologies.
- You have enterprise wide data transformation experience.
- Software development skills would be useful - not hands-on but a background in this area.
- An ability to drive your ideas throughout the business, influencing others to understand the value in your decisions.
- A broad experience covering engineering, data science and analytics.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- An ability to see 'the big picture' and to navigate your way within the organisation.
Our client offers you a challenging position in an environment where you will be able to make important decisions and to see them implemented. With a flat organisation structure, you will have the buy-in from Executives to see your ideas come to fruition. Our client offers an open, communicative and collaborative work environment.
Aside from a competitive salary, you will also receive excellent secondary benefits. Due to the current Covid situation, international relocation is not yet an option for this position.