For an international company based in Rotterdam, I am looking for a strong all-round Java Developer who likes to work on new API's and the architecture of the solution. The client is a global leader in their field of expertise.
The client is looking for an experienced Java Developer who is looking for a challenging and unique opportunity. You have the opportunity to become a member of the IT Development team focussing on logistics. As part of this team, you will focus on the development and integration of customer facing application using cutting-edge technologies in the microservices environment. Your responsibilities will consist of;
Participate in the design, Development and implementation of complex/high impacting solutions for (inter)national clients. Collaborate with other developers (front- & Back -end), Architects, Cloud Engineers to implement scalable, extensible, and standards-based solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
The company: With headquarters based in the Netherlands, this international company has been leading in the industry. In an International, informal and entrepreneurial environment they use the latest tools to develop their products inhouse. The teams all use Agile/Scrum to deliver on time. You must like working in a fast-pased and innovative environment to feel at home.
You have the following Skills:
- Being able to work in a T-shaped model
- Multiple years' experience as a Java Developer, preferably knowledge of Java 11/12
- Building large-scale Java API services based on Spring Boot according to modern microservices architecture standard.
- Strong experience of RESTful API design, development and usage
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetess, ...)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies, preferably AWS
- Solid knowledge of Git and working with the GitFlow process of pull requests and -code reviews
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Jenkins, automated unit & integration testing, DDD, TDD
- Familiarity with messaging platforms such as Kafka
- Familiar with automated code documentation
You have the Ability to
- Transform business requirements into technical solutions
- Clarify technical concepts, problems, and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Inform stakeholders decision-making by presenting facts and solution options with pros and cons
- Convince and rally stakeholders behind the most suitable solution
You have experience with:
- Working independently and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional Agile development team and participating in all IT aspects of projects Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) DevSecOps
- Basic understanding of a complex business (structure, processes, goals, etc.) and of the business environment (industry, competitor, general IT)
We offer you:
- An unique and challenging position with a great view of Rotterdam
- Working in an international team with international colleagues
- A lot of possibilities for personal development
- An independent position with responsibilities
- A market conform salary
You also have a strong command of English!
Are you the Java Developer I am looking for? Apply now online, or contact Robin Man from the IT-Team via +31 (0) 20 522 13 22 or [email protected] huxley.com for more information about this job or comparable vacancy's in the IT-sector.